Lise
Lise
  • Hampstead, NH
Asked on Apr 18, 2019

How do I get rid of Voles in my yard?

LiseVal7394925MaryanneAdams
+4

I have been battling voles for 3 years now and I can't seem to eradicate them.....I have animals (dogs, cat, chickens) so I can't use anything that will harm animals. I tried trapping them but can't seem to catch all of them. Is there anything that I can do that will get rid of these vermins?

• Trapping is the best way, especially since you have animals.

• Oliva

Voles are attracted to seeds in yards, either from grass or bird feeders. As you have chickens, is their feeding area contained and above ground level?

• Lise

My chickens have their own house where their chicken pellets are contained. They don’t eat seed. The voles are not near their house. They are mostly in my garden

• MaryanneAdams

What is wrong with having voles in the yard? I am not being "smart" here. I just don't know what harm they could possible cause.

• Val7394925

Voles will eat flowers and veggies , they also leave tunnels in the dirt and yard. My friend used Dollar Store dryer sheets in the tunnels. just dig a little, put in 1 or two sheets cover them up. Voles don't like the smell. Place as many sheets as needed. Worked for her!!

• Lise

Awesome. Thanks. I use dryer sheets in the winter to deter the mice. I didnt even think about using them to get rid of voles. !!