Decoupage Flower Pot

$5

I LOVE decoupage. I kind of want to decoupage everything.

While I'm waiting for spring to fully arrive, I'm filling my house with indoor plants. They typically need to be repotted and cute pots can be expensive. So I decided to combine my love of plants and decoupage to make cute flower pots for my home.

decoupage flower pot

I started with these pots from the dollar store. They cost $1 and had super cute scalloped edges.

Honestly, they're not the best shape to work with for this project. You want flat sides for best results. A cylindrical pot would work as well.

decoupage flower pot

I wanted to use tissue paper with my pot and I knew that it would partially translucent, so I spray painted my pots white.

decoupage flower pot

To make life easier, I spent a few minutes cutting out the floral images into smaller pieces and then separated them into sizes. Cut more than you think.

If your tissue paper doesn't have a specific design, cut strips or organic shapes.

decoupage flower pot

Apply decoupage glue to the pot and apply the largest shapes first. I smoothed the paper over the edges.

As I worked, I applied glue to the top of the paper as well.

decoupage flower pot

Keep applying tissue paper and glue until your pot is covered.

decoupage flower pot

There were a few tiny spots that I missed, so I cut small pieces of plain paper and applied them to those spots.

decoupage flower pot

For the edges, I used pieces that were bigger and clipped the corners to make it easier to wrap around and glue.

decoupage flower pot

I applied a bit more paper to the inside edges so that the white paint wouldn't show.

decoupage flower pot

Let your pot dry and add another coat of decoupage glue to seal the piece.

For outdoor use, I would use the special Outdoor Decoupage glue and seal it afterwards with clear spray paint.

decoupage flower pot

I love how it turned out!

For more easy projects like this, please check out my blog.

Emy Flint | Semigloss Design

• Lesli

What did you use the tissue paper for? This is beautiful and easy!

• Kay

Beautiful design!

I've used dollar store gift wrap as well.

• Rosalie Rogers

I decoupaged an old plastic tissue holder that went perfectly in my rose colored bedroom. It was easy and made a one of a kind art piece!

• Maureen
    Yesterday

Awesome idea 👍