Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin Rebatched Soap Recipe

$5

These cute lemon poppy seed muffin soaps are rebatched from hotel soaps! Turn plain and boring soap into cute hand soaps by rebatching them and adding some additives.

My neighbor travels a lot. He tells them not to leave the soaps, but since he is gone for months at a time, he seems to end up with a lot of soaps when he gets back.

Start by shredding or cutting the soap. This soap is really dry, so I cut it. If your soap isn't that dry, you can use a cheese grater. Shred or cut enough to get 1 cup of soap.

Mine wasn't uniform in size. Some was a powder and some were in chunks. That's okay. Place it in a double boiler and add 1/2 cup of distilled water.

You can also buy preshredded soap to use if you don't have any to shred yourself.

Heat over medium heat until the soap starts to melt. It should look like mashed potatoes.

Add teaspoon vitamin E oil, 1/2 tablespoon lemon peel, 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds, and 20 drops of lemon essential oil.

Stir well.

Let it cool until you can touch it. Spoon it into a mini muffin tin. Push it down so it releases any air pockets.

Let sit over night or until dry.

After you unmold it, let it sit on a cooling rack for a few days to fully dry. If you store it before it's dry, it can get moldy.

This soap is great for a kitchen soap because the lemon essential oil helps cut grease and mask odors.

Everything Pretty

• DORA BARNES

Poppy Seeds dose what 4 this soap , same Q about the zest ?

• Lori Brinkworth

Poppy seeds add pretty texture to your soap and also aids in exfoliating. The lemon zest also gives a natural scent to your soap, you don’t need to put it in, but if you do grate it fine. Not big chunks. You can have fun with this instead add brewed coffee grounds and instead of distill water use brewed coffee, add some cacao essential oil or leave plain. Coffee exfoliates dirt and grime and also busts odours. And smooth that soap out so it’s not big and chunky like in the photo. Melt it down and smooth it out nicely in the tin. 😀better yet use silicone molds. It’s easier to get them out. You may have trouble removing from a metal tin. If you do use a tin coat with oil or vegetable oil so they remove easy. If you can’t get them out put in the freezer and then when frozen enough bang them out, been there done that. Have fun. It’s a fun project

• Joan Coleman

How about using cupcake foil molds sprayed with vegetable oil before adding soap. It would make a cute design and peal off after dry?

• Everything Pretty

You really need to press this type of soap into the mold, so I don't think the liners would work.

• Veena

Yep, I save all my soap scraps and when I get enough I mix them all together and make new pretty bars, adding essential oils. I came across some soap molds at a thrift store.

I'm frugal that way.

'Waste not want not' is certainly coming back, glad my cheapness is kinda cool again.

• Cpo29352783

Vitamin E oil?