Sue
Sue
Asked on Apr 19, 2019

How to clean the garbage disposal?

Cas7068285Libbie BJoye R. Foster
+5

• Ramona Brumley

Cut a lemon into 4 pieces put it in the garbage disposal and turn it on. Not only does it deodorize the disposal the rinds also sharpen the blades

• Dfm

ice cubes in the disposal, then turn it on.

• Mike Morris

I use a frozen mini orange (Cuties) just drop on in and have the water running a little.

• Chami

Also check the hose that empties the dishwasher water into the drain.

That is where we found food bits which was causing a bad odor. The large rubber gasket that you see in your sink also gets icky pull it out and give it a good cleaning.

• Joye R. Foster

I sanitize my disposal by pouring Dawn in disposal. Turn on garbage disposal with hot water. It foams into the sink. Makes me feel good.

• Libbie B

I combine dish soap, vinegar and run that through the disposal. Once finished I run a 1/2 lemon. Fresh and clean.

• Cas7068285

I removed My garbage disposal after many odor issues no matter what I did and tried to keep it clean and odor free. The sink draining was always slow we even went and bought a new one and still had an Issue..Then one day the down stairs sinks overflowed needed to roto rooter all the main lines the kitchen line was full of the pieces of lemon rinds soap scum small grains of food The plumber said worse thing ever invented it food bits or anything that goes in them never fully cleans out of the pipes and it hurts the environment.I removed it totally my drains all work great no dealing with that awful odor and I helped the environment by the way according to the plumber said, that those that have septic tanks and a garbage disposal are creating even a bigger problem for themselves also with there washing machines all the lint sticks to the leech lines..