Hollie
Hollie
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Asked on Apr 19, 2019

How do I get rid of cockroaches?

AmySha7259797Naomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+5

• Redcatcec

Hi Hollie,

One way to get rid of them is a mixture of sugar and boric acid (50%/50%), put this in small containers where they can get at it into, such as drawers, cupboards, closets, pantries...

If you have children or puts place it where they cannot get into this.

At first you will see an increase in their numbers because they are coming out to feed and then the decrease begins.

Best to you.

You can find the boric acid in the pest section of diy stores.

• Pamela

Hi , I have heard that a natural method using diatomaceous earth works . Good luck !

• Pamela

Try reading about using diatomeceous earth , it is an all natural product that is safe around children and pets .

• Call an exterminator. They hide and breed in places you can't get to. You will never be rid of them unless you get the pros in.

• Sha7259797

Just plain boric Acid....sugar, will draw ants and you cannot rid of them easily...I put boric acid around my house once every 3 years...only thing it doesn’t kill are the slugs and salt takes care of that....Good Luck....But, no sugar or you will get many army’s of ants.

• Amy

I agree. Boric acid. The adults take it back to the nest to feed the young. It's normally used as eyewash, so it's non-toxic...won't hurt pets either. Just take a small spoon and sprinkle it under sinks, behind appliances , where ever they might be hiding. It works.