Repurposed Chalkboard Memo Stand

$5

I'm using what I have in the junk pile today to create a chalkboard memo stand.

This tree slice cutting board was in the donation pile but I pulled it out to use it for a new project.

The first thing I did was to look for a dowel I could use to hold up the chalkboard.

The dowel I found was the wrung of an old chair. The stand I'm using was a piece of a candle holder leftover from another project.

I glued the stand to the base with  E6000 glue. I attached the cutting board to the dowel using a few random pieces from my junk supply. 

I attached a small piece of Scrabble tray with hot glue to the front to hold chalk. You can find Scrabble trays on Amazon.

I painted the entire piece with black chalkboard paint from the craft store then added a clip to the top of the board to hold notes or photos. 

This unique piece can sit on your desk or on the kitchen counter to hold notes and you can write little reminders with chalk. Clip a photo or note to the chalkboard for additional reminders.

To see all the details and more photos for this project please visit Homeroad.net by clicking on the GO BOX at the bottom of this post.

Homeroad

• Tammy Valencia

If you have any of your wood cookies left I would love a couple? My name & address Tammy Valencia 148 Bethel St. Walla Walla WA 99362 United States Thank you for the time!

• Linda Abate

WOW, what a neat idea. Small enough for the kitchen counter to add little shopping notes, or on a table in an entry way as a reminder to pick someone up, etc. A great gift for family or friends.

• Johanne Palange

I am not a wood PURIST. However, the grain in this particular slice is fabulous and it is sad to lose it. I like your project, but I would have used something else and preserved the cutting board. It is lovely and intricate enough to hang it on its own as artwork.