Homeroad
Homeroad
  • Huntington, NY

Repurposed Chalkboard Memo Stand

$5

I'm using what I have in the junk pile today to create a chalkboard memo stand.

repurposed chalkboard memo stand

This tree slice cutting board was in the donation pile but I pulled it out to use it for a new project.

The first thing I did was to look for a dowel I could use to hold up the chalkboard.

repurposed chalkboard memo stand

The dowel I found was the wrung of an old chair. The stand I'm using was a piece of a candle holder leftover from another project.

I glued the stand to the base with  E6000 glue. I attached the cutting board to the dowel using a few random pieces from my junk supply. 

repurposed chalkboard memo stand

I attached a small piece of Scrabble tray with hot glue to the front to hold chalk. You can find Scrabble trays on Amazon.

I painted the entire piece with black chalkboard paint from the craft store then added a clip to the top of the board to hold notes or photos. 

repurposed chalkboard memo stand

This unique piece can sit on your desk or on the kitchen counter to hold notes and you can write little reminders with chalk. Clip a photo or note to the chalkboard for additional reminders.

To see all the details and more photos for this project please visit Homeroad.net by clicking on the GO BOX at the bottom of this post.

Homeroad

• Dianab

I really like your finished product and the use it is put to. But, I don't think I could have covered up that gorgeous piece of wood. All the rings and colours would make a unique piece to stand alone. Wish I had a junk pile with pieces like that.

• Darcy G Long
      30 minutes ago

I would love a couple of your “wood cookies”! It is very generous of you to send some off to other crafters who aren't so fortunate. You are a good person!

Darcy Long

4500 Barrier Store Road

Mt Pleasant NC 28124

• Joanie

I am a wood lover of grain and stain.......I can't tell this is a piece of wood. Although it is nice and you did what you wanted......it is nice.