Asked on Apr 19, 2019

What wall colors do I choose for country shabby chic?

Rae L BaerLibbie BFrugalFamilyTimes.com
+6

I’m going for a country shabby chic farmhouse look. What walls colors should I use so that I can incorporate this cow rug?

q what color should i paint this small hallway
  • Carolinagirl

I do not see a cow rug in this picture but what I do see are several wall colors which are distracting. Since you have a wide opening in to your hall, paint the walls all the same color. Your country shabby accessories will set the stage...not your wall color. By the way, I love your floor.

• Mogie

If you scroll part way down you will find a small chart. Pick one that you like. Good luck!

https://theflooringgirl.com/decorating/farmhouse-style-paint-colors-and-decor/

• TheHoneycombHome

I would go with a light gray or add a fun tone on tone wallpaper for subtle pattern!

• AL

A lighter orange with the grey

• Robyn Garner

Gray goes with just about everything as long as you keep in mind if it is a "cool" gray or "warm" gray. Cool will have blue undertones and warm will have yellow/brown undertones. I gravitate to cool colors and will keep that as a constant along all my walls and other colors.

For you, choose a color from any other piece of furniture, curtains or other items that will be nearby. And make that a color you love and one that is bright enough that it doesn't make the hallway feel dark and closed in. 😎

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

Other than the cow rug (so cool!) what other fabrics are in that main room? Sofa? Could you pull a color from a pillow or drapes?

• Libbie B

What about a fun removable wallpaper print?

• Rae L Baer

When I hear "shabby chic" paint, I think of "chalky" & "whitewashed"...for instance, perhaps using the lighter tan of the the rug and painting the walls a light tannish-taupe undercoating with an almost opaque overlay with a rag?

Or perhaps a "rustic" or "old-world" feature wall with the darker brown & the medium brown? I think the acrylic powdered tints would give you that "chalky" look & texture.

Depending on your furniture, you could go with "shabby chic" canvas or linen slip covers...