Peggy
Peggy
Asked on Apr 19, 2019

How do I recondition a leather couch?

Libbie BWilliamPeggy
+1

• Mogie

Apply a small amount of leather cleaner in a small patch of leather near the underside of the couch and wait for it to dry to make sure it leaves a desirable appearance.

Disassemble the furniture, if applicable, by removing cushions or other removable pieces.

Wet a microfiber cloth or the buffing or polishing accessory on a rotary tool with leather cleaner and rub it on the leather until it starts to foam.

Wipe off the cleaner with a dry microfiber cloth.

Apply leather conditioner with a damp microfiber cloth or with the buffing or polishing pad of a rotary tool. Rub the surface with a circular motion with the cloth, working the conditioner into the leather and wiping off any excess as you go. If using the rotary power tool, use a low speed and move the tip across the surface in multiple directions.

Allow the conditioner to absorb for a few hours before using furniture.

• Peggy

Thank you for the information. Can you recommend a cleaner as I was told that I should not use mink oil

Saddle soap to clean it. Leather conditioner to keep it soft and supple.

• Libbie B