Thank Goodness for Wine Drinkers!!

$1

I made two unique DIY's with wine corks. One is a Trivet and one is a Coaster/Trivet.

thank goodness for wine drinkers

Super easy and "might as well be free"!

thank goodness for wine drinkers

This was just a quick craft that is great for the kids (little ones need supervision for the hot glue gun), but it's fun and functional.

You will need a smaller embroidery hoop, without the center ring.

I used 19 corks, making sure they all came from the same manufacturer, or at least had the same words showing.

thank goodness for wine drinkers

At first, I had the center ring and only 14 corks. But once I was able to expand the outer ring, I was able to find room for another 5.

thank goodness for wine drinkers

Using the hot glue gun, I glued them all to themselves and put the band around it to secure. There is no need to glue the outer corks to the band...they are not going any where!!

thank goodness for wine drinkers

For the trivet, I had a pre-cut calendar insert and it was perfect. If you have cork, even better. I glued a pretty hanger to one corner, flipped it over and began to measure them out.

thank goodness for wine drinkers

I knew the cork length would work out just how I wanted it for the pattern I wanted.

thank goodness for wine drinkers

I glued each set of two together then did the alternate direction and then placed them, before I glued them, on the base.

Once I was sure they worked out, it was time to glue them down.

NOTE: If you have cork, use that instead of the cardboard. This way, you might not have to be so careful about wet on the table or counter.

N-JOY!!

thank goodness for wine drinkers

This one was even easier!!