Jan
Jan
Asked on Apr 20, 2019

What to do with a shade garden now that the tree was cut down?

Debi53ThomasJan
+3

I did have a beautiful shade garden but had to get the huge Maple cut down I’m left with a mess and afraid all my shade plants will die after 20 plus years

q what to do with a shade garden now that the tree was cut down
  • Dwp7470b

Yes, they will if you do not move them to a Shady area. You need to Transplant them to a heavily Shaded Area before you remove the Trunk anyway, so you really are best to just do that, redesign a Shade Area at least 12 feet away from the tree trunk, and leave the Shade Plants where you plant them.

• Rebecca Taylor

Hi Jan, could you let us know if the area is still in the shade or did taking away the tree let the sun hit that area. Thanks

• Jan

It’s now in the sun from 1:00 on I knew I would have to move a lot of the plants hostas bleeding hearts ferns

• Thomas

Seed it.

• Jan

That’s what my husband said !! I was thinking sun garden !!!!!

• Debi53

We had the exact situation. You will have to move the shade plants. The tree stump makes a great place to sit a large decorative planter. Just level the pot with shims if your stump is not level on top.