Lisa
Lisa
  • Saint Paul, MN
Asked on Apr 20, 2019

Is it possible to get limeaway stain out of coloured grout?

Lynn SorrellFlipturnPatsy47
+2

Hi there..

i just tried cleaning our lovely new ceramic tiled shower with limeaway. We get really bad rust here from our well water and the only thing that gets it out, that I have found, is the limeaway. However.. we have coloured grout. I read on the bottle that it can stain coloured grout so I did a test and couldn’t see any effects so did the whole shower. Guess I didn’t look hard enough at the test because now everywhere where I sprayed, the light grey tile is now a darker grey. I’m so sad and bummed. My husband worked so hard on it and I don’t want to have ruined it. Does anyone know of a way to get limeaway stain out of coloured grout? Thanks so much

• Mogie

Have you tried bleach?

• Lisa

no I haven’t yet, but I plan to try that when I have a moment. That was the only thing I could think of that might work

• Patsy47

if ,and whenever, you get the grout back to your liking..SEAL IT! at least 2 coats then you won't have that problem in the future.

• Flipturn

Yes, I was going to ask if it was properly sealed before using the shower, but I see that Patsy47 beat me to it.

• Lynn Sorrell

be careful adding bleach to it, it soaked in because it's pourous so may have chemical reaction with LimeAway residue in grout. did you guys seal your grout at all? you may be able to paint it lighter