Asked on Apr 21, 2019

How can I best store my wreaths?

Libbie BAmy BurkardV Smith
+3

There are many and they are large.

• Vickymcreations

My mind immediately leapt towards a feature wall showing them all off as a feature but I'm sure this is not what you meant! Would some super long hooks in a garage work, adapt a welly rack design & place on the wall so you can stack a few per hook? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9i4dC3YAKY

• V Smith

I like to change out my wreath each season. Plus there are extras to hang at Christmas. I really like the plastic containers that are designed for wreaths. I can stack them side by side or pile them up on each other. If you had a strong bar sticking out from the wall you could hang them by their handles. There may even be keyhole slots on the backs but I cannot swear to that.

The one thing that I have had to add is a little extra help to keep them closed. All of mine snap at the top where the handles are (say 12 o'clock) and I like the more firm closure I get when I add a binder clip to each side (3 and 9). Some of my wreaths are able to fit 2 per container, but only a few. Look for them after Christmas when they are priced to move.

• V Smith

Not to worry about crushing the bottom. The plastic cases have a protruding center that the wreath "hangs" over, and that keeps the wreath centered inside the case. I have one fabric Rubbermaid wreath case and it has straps inside that secure the wreath up off the bottom. It's nicely made out of a balistic type nylon and a strong zipper closure and it has structure but sometimes my cases are pushed into some barely there spaces and that is why I like the plastic cases. I could see hanging them from a closet rod but my storeage area is nothing nice like a closet and I have had plastic bags disintegrate as trash bags are designed to do.

• Amy Burkard

Thank you! I'm hoping to find some room on the rod in the second bedroom's closet to hang them covered in plastic dress bags. I like the long dowels posted on a garage wall ... but unfortunately, I don't have a garage. I live in an apartment.

• Libbie B

I have seen people use regular clothes hangers to store them in a closet.