How to Reupholster With Leather

$300

I saved $2500 by making this chair a diy project?!?! INSANE. Here’s how I did it...

I had my eye on this chair for months!!! Was I ever going to spend $2800?! No. Not even close. I kept my eyes on FB marketplace for similar options😉

The same frame!!!!! I found the frame for $200🎉🎉 Someone’s dog ripped hi the cushions so they were selling this “as is”...now for the fun, and new to me part!!

I made 1/4” plywood bottoms for the cushions so I’d have something to staple to and I also needed the strength.

I ordered 5” cushion off Amazon and cut it to size. The only tricky cut was the back since it had to mimic the chair angle but I got it as close as I could with a knife😂

Cushions cut at the right angle and now it was time to find leather! I ordered a few yards of faux bison and thought it looked too fake and had a metallic tint so I went and tried my luck at the local Tandy leather store.

Found a HUGE white one (I was hoping to do dark) in the sale bin for $65!!! The hide was big enough to do both cushions AND have left overs for throw pillows. 🙌🏼🙌🏼

I got everything cut and added plenty of length to get around all that 5” cushion. Staple, staple, staple....now, is there a better, cleaner looking way to do this? FOR SURE!! As a wood worker, did I just want to make this look good and get back to the shop? Yes😂

Nothing beats the smell of leather❤️ Comfy chair for a fraction of the price. I think I’ll incorporate leather into future pieces!!

How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July

To see more: //www.sawdustandwhiskey.com

• Susan

What is FB marketplace?

• Robin Buckholtz Bohlin

FB Marketplace is a place on Facebook where people have different items for sale. :) think of it like a huge garage sale ;)

• Karen Theisen Shackett

Did you do the rustic wall, behind the chair, too? I love it.

• Lyn

I'd love to do this to recover my leather couch cushions, but they're attached to the couch. Any suggestions?

• Sawdust & Whiskey

This chair was so easy...that’s the only reason I tackled it. A couch with attached cushions would be a tough one 😜