Silver Polished in Seconds!

$3

Using objects found in every home you can polish all of your Sterling silver in quickly and effectively with nearly no cleanup involved.

silver polished in seconds

This project involved some large and fragile silver items. Smaller items will take less time.

• Aluminum foil  (any supermarket)
  • Baking soda  (any supermarket)
  • Large pot of boiling water

• KLI122

How much baking soda to how much water? Also, does this process damage or discolor an aluminum or stainless pan?

I sell a lot of silver on Ebay. Jewelry, silverware, serving sets. Silver polish like Wrights and dips like TarnX tend to remove some of the metal. The foil method doesn't work that great and still leaves a grey film that still needs to be removed. I use white toothpaste (not gel) and a damp toothbrush. For large items I use a damp cloth. Also works on copper, brass, gold, porcelain, ceramics, sneakers, plastics, etc. For my sales I needed one product for cleaning everything.

• Meg Emerson

It will be nice to have some sort of directions or hints on how the cleaning process happens. Do you insert the item in the water?.... do you wrap the item with the foil?..... please explain

• Rob

How to make a diy video that people will enjoy? remove all young children from the set as they drown out most of what you are trying to say