Jennifer Smith
Jennifer Smith
  • Topeka, KS

Make Your Own: Tinted Mason Jars With Bath Salts

$25

A fun gift to make a loved one are these cute mason jar bath salts. Add in some lavender buds, tint your mason jars and you have a fun craft project that you'll be proud to give as a gift.

make your own tinted mason jars with bath salts

Make sure all of your jars are cleaned and dry. You can use mason jars or spaghetti jars.

Mix 1/4 cup Mod Podge with 1/4 tsp of water and a few drops of food coloring. How many drops of food coloring depends on how strong of a color you want your jars to be. 

Paint the outside of the jars with the foam brush. You want the outside painted for this project because the inside will be filled with Epsom salts for a bath.

Bake upside down in a preheated oven at 200 degrees until all the Mod Podge turns transparent, about 40 minutes.

Notice: The color will change when baked and the streaks will disappear.

Fill your jars with your bath salts. Mix Epsom salts, essential oil, and lavender buds. Give them a good shake or bang them on the counter so it all settles and you are able to get as much as possible in the jar. Tie a ribbon around the lid and give as a gift.

Jennifer Smith

• Linda Premo

I just found out my friend had two huge lavender bushes in her garden❣️❣️

Thanks again. I think I painted my jars with tinted Mod Podge inside the jars. Looking forward to trying it your way😃

• JudyH

I have made these before and they are super cute as long as you do not get them wet! The paint will come right off if you do.