Asked on Apr 22, 2019

How can I get rid of flies?

Taz11229393PenelopeCheryl A
+2

Anything about ridding the flies and nets that are out flying in my face and food?

• Tammy

For flies, use a ziplock bag. Fill half way with water. Add a few pennies. Hang any where you are siting! I used one on each opening of my garage and I didn’t have flies!!

• Ahilly

If they are fruit flies, put an inch or two of apple cider vinegar in a glass jar then cover with plastic with a rubber band holding it snug. Poke a small hole in the plastic and set it nearby. Ignore it for a few days and you’ll see they end up trapped in the jar. Just let it set there a few weeks til they are all trapped in the jar.

• Penelope

I saw it here once...cut a lemon in half and stud it with cloves. Add some drops of lemon and clove essential oils, then put the lemons in a small bowl where the flies come in-an open window, perhaps. Refresh the essential oils when they dry out.

• Taz11229393

Peppermint extract mixed with water in spray bottle and spray your area. They hate it and won't land!