Kathy
Kathy
Asked on Apr 22, 2019

Cleaning car floor mats?

Lauren of Mom Home GuideMaryKelly Denoyer Russell
+2

Hi Kathy: What I do is to take the mats out, beat them on the driveway to loosen any dirt and then vacuum well. Then I use a spray on carpet cleaner to clean them. Sometimes you have to scrub them with a brush. Here's a video that may help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TccGqd8TAvg

Good luck

• Kathleen Walker

When my Dad, age 89, gave up driving I had to clean out his car in order to sell it for him. He had never even vacuumed the inside! Food was spilled and never cleaned up as well. I took all four floor mats out, placed them on cement, squirt a tiny amount of Dawn and Oxi Clean (dissolved in water). I wet the mats thoroughly with the hose and scrubbed with my broom, which is plastic. I let them sit for a while and rinsed. Everything came out. They mats were beige. They looked new. Good luck.

• Kelly Denoyer Russell

Smack all the dirt out, vacuum and then toss in washing machine. Air dry in sun.

• Mary

drive to the DIY car wash, take mats out and hose off with soap, then hose off with clear water. Let them drip dry. You can take them home in a large garbage bag (since they are wet) then put them outside in the sun and let them dry. We have clips on the wall at our car wash just for cleaning car mats. Hope this helps

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide

I usually vacuum them first and then spray them with the garden hose on the lawn. I then let them dry in the sun.