DIY Thrift Store Table Makeover

$25

I love heading to the thrift store and finding things to give new life to! Here's a peek at a table I found on Facebook Marketplace and gave a total overhaul to - you won't even believe it's the same table! If you love this project, check out my website, Love & Renovations, for more easy and affordable DIY ideas.

Here's a look at the before of the table - it had really gorgeous bones and was well-constructed, but the finish had seen better days and there were some places (especially on the top) where the veneer was chipping away.

I started by giving the entire thing a coat of matte black chalk paint. Chalk paint doesn't just have to be used on pieces you want to distress - if you leave it alone, it leaves a really pretty matte finish that feels modern and fresh!

Next, we removed the ridges on the top of the table and filled in the holes left behind with wood filler. We sanded the entire table top and then applied marble contact paper. You can read the full blog post for the exact details on how I applied the paper, but a quick tip is to use a hair dryer on the hot setting to go around curved edges and corners - it allows the paper to flex a bit more and you can push it into the exact position you want it!

Finally, I added new knobs to the drawer and put my table in place! It's barely recognizable and I LOVE how it turned out!

21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Love & Renovations

• Kathi

Did you need to sand prior to painting? thanks, it's lovely!

• Pamela

This is really nice! I would paint the knobs black to hide the slight misalignment of the holes. And what about the top piece of wood- did you discard to make it easier to apply the marble paper?

• Sharon Huneycutt Harris

I'm pretty sure the misalignment of the holes is due to the camera position not the table. A massed produced piece of furniture would have measured holes. She did a charming job on it didn't she!?! Real wood furniture like this should be saved because we rarely get it new.

• Carline Lee

Its Beautiful.What is Marble Contact paper?where u fine it.?

• Shelly Austin

There's a link under her article with the supply list. It takes you directly to Amazon.

• Joanie

You like, it's yours. I like the grain of wood.....

• Thelma Bast

I have a small stand I like the idea of contact paper on top.Your's came out nice.