Jennifer Smith
Jennifer Smith
  • Topeka, KS

DIY Wall Hanging Jewelry Organizer

$10

How to make a personalized wall hanging jewelry organizer that will last for years. This jewelry organizer is the easiest way to organize and display all your jewelry.

Five years ago, to display all my favorite jewelry, I created the jewelry wall organizer from some storage cubes I no longer wanted. I was surprised by the result.

The best part is how its still standing. I’ve tried other organizers that fall down and then I have a mess everywhere.

diy wall hanging jewelry organizer

The wire slat is from a storage cubes for kids toys. I threw away the connectors and was left with a bunch of 14 x 14 flat wire slats to make the jewelry organizers. I've since found them at garage sales for about $2 for the whole kit. You can make a bunch of these for gifts.

diy wall hanging jewelry organizer

Gather enough yarn to loop around the sides of the wire that will fit through the little squares each time. Apply some hot glue to get started and wrap the yarn around the wire. Apply more glue at every halfway point and on the ends.

diy wall hanging jewelry organizer

Pull the yarn tight as you go. If you need you run out of yarn and need more, be sure to hide the endings and beginnings of the yarn to make it as seamless as possible.

diy wall hanging jewelry organizer

Take another piece of yarn wrapped around the top for hanging purposes. Hot glue the embellishment on top.

Add your clothes pins throughout. If you use it as a jewelry hanger, then put the clothespins at the top and bottom to hang necklaces from it. This leaves the middle free for all your earrings.

diy wall hanging jewelry organizer

Here's the jewelry organizer that I've been using for the last five years.

You can use these for all kinds of other projects. Check out my blogs for ideas that others have used the final product for: https://sunflowermom.com/diy-jewelry-organizer-wall/

Jennifer Smith