Abbey
Abbey
  • Fort Collins, CO
Asked on Apr 23, 2019

How do I adapt an old dresser to a bathroom vanity?

RosaVickymcreations

I have an old dresser that needs refinishing. I really want to turn it into a bathroom vanity, and place a vessel sink on top. Currently, it has two drawers at the top. How do I rework the drawers to accommodate the plumbing for a vessel sink? And what's the best treatment for the top to protect against water splashes?

• Vickymcreations

This post has detailed instructions re plumbing, enjoy your making. I would love to have one in my home https://circadee.com/2014/03/13/how-to-dresser-to-vanity/

• Abbey

Thank you! That gives me some great ideas of what to do with the drawers, and in what order!!

• Rosa

First cut a middle hole and measure your sink to fit into and then use small tiles for the top of the dresser so it won;t get damage from water... Enjoy your beautiful sink,

• Abbey

Thanks, Rosa. I am planning on using a vessel sink, to avoid a large hole in the top, and I want to see the natural wood, so I'm not looking for tiles over the top. But I really appreciate your input! Have a great day!

• Rosa

You're welcome Abbey, its going to look very nice...