Marimo Moss Ball Aquariums : The Perfect Indoor Water Garden!

$15

Ever heard of Marimo moss balls? No? Well you are missing out. I love moss. In any form, it it one of the simplest, yet most stunning plants ever created. (My humble opinion!) So when our daughter gave Steve a moss ball aquarium for Christmas, I was immediately hooked on these cute little plant pets. So I went about learning how to make my own Marimo moss ball aquarium, and I love them! So if you want to jump on the moss ball craze like I did, read on to find out what these little “creatures” are all about, how to create your aquarium, and how to care for your moss balls!

Start by rinsing your moss balls under water and squeezing them out. This gets them nice and clean.

Rinse any stone, gravel or sand to get as much of the dust out of it as possible.

Gather your supplies together in one place. We had a variety of different materials to choose from as we made several moss ball aquariums at once, but you will probably have fewer choices if you are only making one. 

Start by creating a bottom layer of gravel or sand in your glass container. The rest is simple! Add any accessories you want! Toss in your moss balls! Done!

So now all you have to do is find the perfect place for your Marimo moss ball aquarium! 

Check out our posts on The Garden Glove and see lots more moss ball aquarium ideas and tips for care, and also where to buy the Marimo moss balls!

31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
15 Memorial Day Crafts
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Kathy&Steve @ TBD•TGG•DYSS