Garden Gazing Ball Options

$15
1 Day

I love garden gazing balls but I don't love the price. I made a variety of gazing balls for my garden, had fun while doing it, and used inexpensive items to get the look I desired.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

Mirror Gazing Ball -

I bought a large vase/fish bowl from the thrift store for $1 and sprayed the inside with Rustoleum Mirror Effect spray paint and let that dry completely.

I turned it upside down and placed it on a plant stand I already had.

Hanging Floral Gazing/Kissing Ball -

Pull the flowers off the stems and hot glue them onto a Styrofoam ball. Add some twine to hang them from.

Hang them on garden hooks in your yard.

Gallery Glass Gazing Ball -

I found this glass sphere and a metal candle holder at the thrift store. I E6000 glued them together and let that dry. Using Plaid Gallery Glass, I dipped my finger in the paint and onto the glass.

Once the glass was coated, I let it dry completely.

Penny Gazing Ball -

I hot glued pennies all around a floral vase. I then coated the vase with Mod Podge Ultra so that the pennies would stay when the weather temperature fluctuates.

After that dried completely, I placed it on a copper pipe stand with my dish flowers. You can find more about creating dish flowers here - https://chascrazycreations.com/garden-flowers-made-from-dishes/

Cement Gazing Ball -

I mixed the cement mix and water to make a "mud" consistency. I placed it in a light fixture I found at the thrift store and let it dry.

I gently broke the glass with a hammer and removed the cement ball from the glass and placed it in my yard.

Table Top Gazing Ball (with light) -

I hot glued dollar store rocks on a dollar store vase/candle holder. After all of the rocks were in place I E6000 glued between all of the rocks to make sure they'd stick in the fluctuating temperatures outside. I let that dry completely.

I placed it upside down on a flat pillar candle holder base. You can add a light inside and it's absolutely beautiful. You can see more on this project here - https://chascrazycreations.com/table-top-gazing-ball-globe-globe/

Solar Light Gazing Ball -

I placed a light fixture I found at a thrift store on top of a solar light. I love the way it glows at night.

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Kate Pigula

Hi Kate here, My question is where do you find the glass balls? I never see them anywhere.

• Donna L TALBOT

Try your resale shops like the ones affiliated with the church's. Also, Hospice, Salvation Army and the like. I've found quite a few that way myself.

Some have a hole at the top, some have a flat top, some are completely round but they will all work given enough time and creativity.

• Betty

Will the paint on the gazing ball melt. How do you prevent that.

• Chas' Crazy Creations

The painted one is on our porch so it doesn’t get a lot of direct sunlight or rain but it’s solid and no melting. So far it’s holding up really well.

• Ticia

You always have really clever ideas which I enjoy and I particularly like the glass globe with the Rustoleum Mirror Effect spray paint which I have sought out in a few stores but not found. Where did you buy that and have you used it on anything else? Just curious if it was sprayed on a solid surface would it still have the 'mirror' effect. Ticia

• Charms

All wonderful practical ideas to brighten up the garden. Definitely going to try a few of them myself. Did you make your dragonfly table yourself? It is absolutely gorgeous. I am mad about dragon flies!!!!!

• Elizabeth Sullivan

Love the gazing ball look too- but not the price- live in an area with high winds so most wouldn't work anyway- thought about using old bowling balls (rather than cement)