Time for a Spring Wreath!

$7

A couple of days of sunshine, a few days past Easter, and I had to make a new wreath for my front door! If you want simple, but, pretty, take a trip to the dollar store or your favorite craft store. I purchased five scarfs that were blue and pink (flamingoes), because I liked the colors. I also found a garland I wanted parts of, a metal wreath form and after playing with the ideas I had, I sat down with my wreath parts and started putting it together while I watched TV. What can I say? I find it relaxing!

These are the scarfs I picked out. You could use strips of material, scarfs you have, or any material, even ties with this method.

I decided to try something new. I wove the first scarf in and out of the metal.

Then, as I wove it in and out, I pushed it together to make it prettier.

This is the back of the wreath, where I tied the ends together. You could glue them, or pin them if you wanted. I like how it looks braided.

I found luau garlands at the dollar store. The flamingoes and birds were paper, but, the flowers were felt and the string was just perfect for what I wanted. You could add flowers, other decorative items, or just a pretty bow.

I tied the flowers onto the wreath with the twine the garland came with.

Spring is here! Finally! Hope you like it! To hang it, I just placed it over the hook I keep on the door (an outside Command hook). Metal wreath forms are easy to hang on the hook.

• Which wire loops to you weave in and out of? First and last? Every wire loop?

• Jewellmartin

Every one, in turn. It’s the pushing together that makes the scarves look braided.

• Susans

Did you use all five scarfs? I priced them at Amazon and they’re $15.00 each.

• Cynthia H

That's where I bought them! Hometalk posts links to similar items on Amazon.

• Debbie

What diameter is the metal wreath? You bought 5 scarves; did you use all of them? It looks great.