Spring Door Decor

$20

Spring has sprung around here and our door needs something to welcome our guests. Here's a fun project to do just that!

spring door decor

I purchased the burlap basket and thought it was the perfect size. It;s 6"D x 11" L x 5"H.  It's deep enough to hold flowers but not so large that it would be annoying each time we went in and out of the front door. This will not work if your front door gets wet. But a wicker basket in the same shape would look just as nice.

spring door decor

In order for the burlap basket to work, we needed to make holes in the back so we could attach it to the glass on the front door.  Grommets to the rescue. These are so easy to apply and protect the fabric from ripping with extended use. Just follow the instructions on the package. 

spring door decor

I thought using them would be difficult but it wasn't. You need a hard surfact to hammer the hole punch maker. We added a block of wood underneath for added support. It worked perfectly. Both grommets were installed in under 5 minutes. The Bostitch Grommet Kit was super easy to use.

spring door decor

Next I went to work on making it more delightful. Figure out how much floral foam you need and stuff it tightly into the container. You may want to hot glue the foam to the basket. I didn't because I never want anything so permanent if it doesn't need it. I reuse things way to much for that. Next, start poking in the flowers and greenery you think will looks best with your door color.

spring door decor

To attach it to the door, I used suction cups. Just hook them through the new grommet holes. Clean the glass and simply stick the suction cups on. They are holding well. You can use command hooks too if you prefer. If you'd like to see 13 other spring door decor ideas. Use the link and look at them on the blog post. So many great ideas!

Cindy Richter

• Teresa

Where did you get the cute patch for the front of the basket? I love your project!! Great job👍🏿

• Teresa

I actually find them. The basket did come with label and if I had to bet you got them at Hobby Lobby. Thank you for your response tho! Again awesome job!