Karen
Karen
  • Sacramento, CA
Asked on Apr 25, 2019

How do I remove a fold bump in my throw rug?

Zard PocleebConnieHelen Dunbar
+7

I have an indoor/outdoor rug in my living room that has a fold mark (bump) in it that no matter how many times I flatten it out within 1 day it's back.

q how do i remove a fold bump in my throw rug

• Kelli L. Milligan

Wet it down with hot water and hang over rail in opposite direction of fold. Before it totally dries lay flat. Hope that works for you. Beautiful rug.

• Kathy Gunter Law

Dampen, flip over, and stretch rug over the wrinkled area. Place heavy items on it for additional weight.

• Cindy

Hi Karen. Pull it out as much as you can and then place heavy objects on the "bump" and leave it that way for about a week. Keep doing this until the bump is gone. Your rug is very pretty.

• Elise Lynn

Do the above and then use a rug gripper to stop it from happening again. The reason is why did this happen?

• Tricia Lee

Roll it in reverse than the direction it was originally stored and give it a day or two.

• Linda

dampen it and iron it flat I have done this and it works

• Leslie Rodgers

You can use a steamer to remove the bumps from,the rugs

• Helen Dunbar

Steam will do the trick

• Connie

You might try getting it damp and stretching it, let it dry in the sun.

• Zard Pocleeb

Try using a steam iron.