Asked on Apr 26, 2019

How do I remove a blue ring in my toilet bowl?

LibertyLynn SorrellTiffany from Dream Design DIY
+9

I have a blue ring from an in bowl hanging cleaner. Over the counter cleaners don't take out the ring. I have good well water.

Remove blue ring in toilet bowl.

• Pat
    Pat

pumice stone. Make sure it is wet while using it.

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

Try the Lysol toilet bowl clean in a black squirt bottle and Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It's the only thing that worked on mine and I even tried bleach & pumice stone.

• By Brittany Goldwyn
    By Brittany Goldwyn

Honestly...just try pouring in straight bleach and see if that works!

• Shore grandmom
    Shore grandmom

I have used a pumice stone for a lot of tough stains in the toilet.

• Christian Haines
    Christian Haines

Pumice stone. I clean for a living and would be lost without the pumice stone. And it doesn't hurt the environment, unlike bleach.

• Generosa McKillip
    Generosa McKillip

I use drywall screen and a spray cleaner. It totally works and doesn’t scratch. Bleach doesn’t work.

• AM
    AM

I was going to say bleach

try bottle of coke scrub it a few times let set overnight

maybe false teeth cleaner

hope something works for you

am

• MEG
    MEG

Those blue cleaners don't work only stain the bowl blue. Waste of money. Try The Works bowl cleaner leaving it on for a while then scrubbing.

• Grams
    Grams

I have a blue ring in one toilet and a lot more blue in a second toilet. I don't know why I have the blue. I tried everything, even muriatic acid. No one I've talked to about it has ever heard of blue in a toilet. If I put about 2 cups of bleach in the worst one, and leave it at least 5-6 hours, it does come out. Not much scrubbing at all. When you put the bleach in do it slowly so it doesn't simply go down the drain. The blue will come back but it takes a few weeks. I would love to know what causes it. We've lived here for almost 42 years and it's only been around the last 6 or 7 years that I've had the problem. I also have well water, and have a softener. Good luck!!

• A pumice store worked for us to remove the ring.

• Lynn Sorrell
    Lynn Sorrell

denture tablets 4-6 in bowl let sit overnight

• Liberty
    Liberty

I used Bar Keepers Friend is a dry powder cookware scrub similar to comet.

It’s great on copper pan bottoms & since the blue ring is caused by copper in the water, I tried it with a soft scrub sponge (I didn’t have a pumice stone). The blue ring in my toilet is gone!

This product is great on pan bottoms that have a heavy build up of grease when used with a chain mail cast iron scrubber.

It’s also wonderful for stainless steel sinks & appliances. Use a microfiber towel to dry & everything looks brand new !

Another Really fantastic product is lime away for hard water & rust stains.

Then there’s Zep tile & grout cleaner, saved me

$ 2,000.00 to do my 2 bathrooms & floor tiles myself !