DIY Rustic Wooden Cross Wall Decor

$3

Make a farmhouse style rustic wooden cross for you wall on a budget!

Grab 2 buttons, one slightly larger than the other. Hot glue the smaller button to the larger button, then glue them both onto the burlap flower.

I didn't really measure the muslin fabric, I just laid it on the board and folded both sides in toward the middle I left a space showing on each side of the board. Fold the top and bottom of the fabric over the edges of the board and staple them onto the back towards the outer part of the board. Cut off any excess fabric.

Do the same thing with a shorter piece of fabric, going the opposite direction. Again, I didn't measure the fabric, I just eyeballed it. Staple the sides of the fabric to the back and trim any excess fabric.

Tie the jute string around the middle of the fabric. Pull it tight to draw the sides together, making the cross. Hot glue the string together once you have it the way you want it to look.

Hot glue the burlap flower with buttons onto the center of your cross.

The board I got had a rope attached for hanging, but on the longer side. I cut that off and stapled it back onto the shorter side when I was finished. You can always use a rope from Dollar Tree if you have a board without a rope.

Michelle

• Denise

Do you have measurements on the board?

• Rachael

Check Home Depot or Lowes they have “scraps” and you can get them super cheep.

• Dora

Beautiful, simple, easy to make. TY

• Doreen Kennedy

I love your project. The contrast of the dark wood against the lighter fabric looks terrific.