DIY Decopauged Napkin Terra Cotta Pot

$9

Give your patio or porch a kick with these simple but super cute decopauged terra cotta pots. All you need are pretty napkins with shapes that can be cut out (I used napkins with roses), some mod podge, and a terra cotta pot.

Terra cotta pots au naturel!
Terra cotta pots au naturel!

I chose to paint a light coat of Delta Ceramcoat light ivory on my pots before starting to adhere my flowers.

Separate the plys of your napkin
Separate the plys of your napkin

The first thing you need to do is separate the plys of your napkin. Mine were 2-ply, so once separated I had two pieces. Discard the white piece once you have them pulled apart. Once your napkin is separated you are ready to cut out your roses.

diy decopauged napkin terra cotta pot

After you have cut out all the roses you'd like to adhere to your pot you are ready to begin applying them.

diy decopauged napkin terra cotta pot

Use a small brush and apply a thin coat of mod podge to the pot where you'd like to apply your first flower.

diy decopauged napkin terra cotta pot

Lay the flower onto the pot and press it down into the mod podge with your fingers. Be sure to brush down all the edges with your brush. Let it dry a few minutes before applying a coat of mod podge on top. Once all of the flowers are where you'd like them, allow the pot to dry for about 30 minutes before applying another coat of mod podge on top. You can apply as many coats as you'd like to seal your flowers.

diy decopauged napkin terra cotta pot

So simple and fast!! There are so many cute napkins available, the possibilities are endless!! Once your pot is all finished you are ready for planting or whatever you'd like to do!!

diy decopauged napkin terra cotta pot

That's all!! All the cuteness with very little time used! Happy porch sittin'!! Be sure to follow me on Facebook and at my blog, wordandhome.com for more DIY ideas!

• Manal Ghazanfar

Can we do this with clay pots ?? And what kind of paint should we use for clay pots ??

• Sharon
      An hour ago

Those are clay pots that she used. Acrylic indoor -outdoor paint can be used on clay and is available at Wal-Mart for about a dollar.

• Melissa Moore

I’m doing tomatoe plants in 5 gallon buckets , could this be done on plastic buckets?

• Mari Tarasovich

I have painted terra cotta pots before only to have them bubble from watering the plants and it going through the pot Do u seal them anyway before painting ur pot.

• Sharon
      An hour ago

Just wondering, did you use indoor-outdoor paint? If it doesn't say that on the label, I would not use it to paint a terra cotta pot.

• Ann

• Patty Drayton

I myself have tried this, the best results after a few different planters was the terra cotta planters, after 3 coats of modern podge (letting each coat dry well before adding another) letting it sit for 24hrs to make sure it was dried well I put a coat of sealant on the 2 I did for the outside planters, but no sealant on the inside planter as it won't be abused by the weather as the outside planters will be...

This project is great for personalizing your Terra cotta planters for gifts or your special plants as I did for a yard planters in my front yard with my last name and house number on it along with the beautiful yellow roses that grow in it....

Party stores or sections of your favorite store has napkins for just about every occasion, do some searching to find napkins to cut patterns from.

Thanks love this project, some many ways to incorporate this into to many special memories or gifts, etc,....