DIY Decopauged Napkin Terra Cotta Pot

$9

Give your patio or porch a kick with these simple but super cute decopauged terra cotta pots. All you need are pretty napkins with shapes that can be cut out (I used napkins with roses), some mod podge, and a terra cotta pot.

Terra cotta pots au naturel!

I chose to paint a light coat of Delta Ceramcoat light ivory on my pots before starting to adhere my flowers.

Separate the plys of your napkin

The first thing you need to do is separate the plys of your napkin. Mine were 2-ply, so once separated I had two pieces. Discard the white piece once you have them pulled apart. Once your napkin is separated you are ready to cut out your roses.

After you have cut out all the roses you'd like to adhere to your pot you are ready to begin applying them.

Use a small brush and apply a thin coat of mod podge to the pot where you'd like to apply your first flower.

Lay the flower onto the pot and press it down into the mod podge with your fingers. Be sure to brush down all the edges with your brush. Let it dry a few minutes before applying a coat of mod podge on top. Once all of the flowers are where you'd like them, allow the pot to dry for about 30 minutes before applying another coat of mod podge on top. You can apply as many coats as you'd like to seal your flowers.

So simple and fast!! There are so many cute napkins available, the possibilities are endless!! Once your pot is all finished you are ready for planting or whatever you'd like to do!!

That's all!! All the cuteness with very little time used! Happy porch sittin'!! Be sure to follow me on Facebook and at my blog, wordandhome.com for more DIY ideas!

Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts

• Jean Quintana

I have been planning on doing this, for my daughter, with some black Nightmare before Christmas paper napkins, but I wasn't sure what color to paint the pots. I guess white would be the best???

Your pots look beautiful.

• Lizanne

I have found that you want the same color as the background on your napkins, so that they blend in. Black is tricky though (I've tried it) because then the artwork doesn't show as well over it... Maybe others have ideas about this? Perhaps white would work well?

• Barb

Where do you find the pretty napkins? All I can find are blah or yuk!

• Bettdee

Napkinworld on Ebay and she doesn't charge shipping.

• Nancy Boggs-Hunley

Doesn't the Modge Pogde come off it it gets wet or should you adda clear coat or something?

• Carolyn

Absolutely beautiful will definitely try it. Since I live in Colorado it is a bit cold so will wait for it to warm up.

• Mary

The dollar store has lots of super cute napkins for this project 👍😊💕