DIY Decopauged Napkin Terra Cotta Pot

$9

Give your patio or porch a kick with these simple but super cute decopauged terra cotta pots. All you need are pretty napkins with shapes that can be cut out (I used napkins with roses), some mod podge, and a terra cotta pot.

Terra cotta pots au naturel!

I chose to paint a light coat of Delta Ceramcoat light ivory on my pots before starting to adhere my flowers.

Separate the plys of your napkin

The first thing you need to do is separate the plys of your napkin. Mine were 2-ply, so once separated I had two pieces. Discard the white piece once you have them pulled apart. Once your napkin is separated you are ready to cut out your roses.

After you have cut out all the roses you'd like to adhere to your pot you are ready to begin applying them.

Use a small brush and apply a thin coat of mod podge to the pot where you'd like to apply your first flower.

Lay the flower onto the pot and press it down into the mod podge with your fingers. Be sure to brush down all the edges with your brush. Let it dry a few minutes before applying a coat of mod podge on top. Once all of the flowers are where you'd like them, allow the pot to dry for about 30 minutes before applying another coat of mod podge on top. You can apply as many coats as you'd like to seal your flowers.

So simple and fast!! There are so many cute napkins available, the possibilities are endless!! Once your pot is all finished you are ready for planting or whatever you'd like to do!!

That's all!! All the cuteness with very little time used! Happy porch sittin'!! Be sure to follow me on Facebook and at my blog, wordandhome.com for more DIY ideas!

• Melissa Moore

I’m doing tomatoe plants in 5 gallon buckets , could this be done on plastic buckets?

• Angela Hays Marrs

I'm sure it would! I think the mod podge would dry on plastic just as well as on the terra cotta pots.

• Mari Tarasovich

I have painted terra cotta pots before only to have them bubble from watering the plants and it going through the pot Do u seal them anyway before painting ur pot.

• Sharon

Just wondering, did you use indoor-outdoor paint? If it doesn't say that on the label, I would not use it to paint a terra cotta pot.

• Pamela Ferguson Hankins

I'm wondering the same thing....terra cotta is porous & I'd be concerned that simply by watering the plants inside the pot the water would seep through the clay & damage the paper napkin decoration?

Is ModPodge waterproof?

• Kat Rogers

Yes, it is pretty much waterproof, but in any case just don't (constantly) over water the plants so the pot has a chance to dry in between... it should all be great.

Have Fun!

• Gail

Very pretty. Thank you for posting.

• Necee Marie

My latest project. I took an old shirt with lots of colors and used a spray gorilla glue to adhere the cloth . Not bad for my first time!