DIY Laptop Table

$20

This DIY laptop table is easy to make and is perfect for college students living in dorm rooms with limited space. I use mine for working late-nights from my bed or if I want to sit on the couch and use my laptop.

First thing’s first- measure to know what size you want your table. This project is a complete custom job, so you can make your table any size or height you want. 

Once you figure out how tall, wide and long you want your table, begin cutting your board. Cut the sides (or legs) of the table and then the top piece.

Use  Dap Rapid Fuse Wood Adhesive  to glue to the legs of the table to the top piece and reinforce with three screws going from the top of the table into the legs. To stabilize the table, use 3/4 by 3/4 inch wood strips and cut them about an inch from each end of the tabletop. I just happened to find some in my father-in-law’s pile of scrap wood. Using more wood glue, place the 3/4 by 3/4 strips against the underside of the table top and glue both sides of the wood strips. Reinforce with screws that go through the wood strips into the legs. Just make sure that your screws are not too long, you do not want them poking out of the sides of your laptop table.

After your laptop table is put together, you can begin sanding. I used  this hand sander  to sand the entire table until there were no rough spots or edges.  Next, paint or stain the laptop table. 

To give the laptop table more of a personal touch, I added vinyl which I cut with a Cricut machine.

That’s it! Now you have a custom laptop table that any college student would LOVE! This solution will help them be more productive, allow them to be comfortable in bed while studying, and extend the life of their laptop.

4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Allison | Upright and Caffeinated

• Johanne Palange

I like your décor, both the set up and the colors. Such a refreshing image amidst the sea of ghostly white on white on white we see everywhere. Nice table project too.

• WYL7052086

Love this, I definitely am going to try this.