How to Make No Sew Scarf Curtains

$12

I'm in the middle of giving my living room a colorful makeover and that includes three large windows.

Curtains are a great way to add some fun to any room, and I wanted mine to be unique and inexpensive.

how to make no sew scarf curtains

I've been collecting thrift store scarves for quite some time until I had enough to create my curtains.

These are not the square kind of fabric scarves, but the long kind that have fringe on their ends.

Most of them were 50 cents a piece with a few at $1.

how to make no sew scarf curtains

The first thing to do was iron all the scarves to get out any wrinkles, which made it easier to attach the scarves to each other.

Also, some of the scarves had a wrinkly gathered kind of look and it was amazing how much fabric I gained by ironing them.

It's important that all the scarves are completely flattened or you won't know what their actual size is when putting the curtains together.

how to make no sew scarf curtains

After I had all my scarves ironed out I cut them to the length that I wanted for the width of my curtain panels.

This of course depends on the size of your windows.

how to make no sew scarf curtains

To make my scarf curtains I used Heat N Bond adhesive hemming tape.

There are many different kinds and widths of Heat N Bond. I used this one because it's what I could find in my neck of the woods, and it worked great.

how to make no sew scarf curtains

I started on the fringe side, and laid down a strip of the hemming tape.

how to make no sew scarf curtains

Then I laid my next scarf on top.

how to make no sew scarf curtains

And I ironed as I went along.

how to make no sew scarf curtains

Until I was finished all the way across.

how to make no sew scarf curtains

Once I had all my scarves attached for each panel I hemmed the one side the same way.

Because one side was fringed I didn't have to hem that side.

how to make no sew scarf curtains

And here are my finished curtains with my mini blind spray painted with lace.

how to make no sew scarf curtains

I gave the tops and bottoms of the curtains a double hem with the Heat N Bond to give the curtain clips something strong to hang on to.

Also, to change the look I can flip the curtains from top to bottom, and switch the panels from window to window as well.

how to make no sew scarf curtains

They can also be hung with the fringe on the outside like I did (because we have cats who like to sit in the windows) or with the fringe on the inside.

how to make no sew scarf curtains

I'm very happy with how my curtains turned out. They're fun and colorful, and add that funky touch that I love.

The time and cost estimates are for two panels for one window, but I made curtains for all three.

To see more info, tips, photos, and peeks at the other two windows that I did check out my blog post here.

Tuula @ Color Me Thrifty

• Kelly Cason

This is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. It's just perfect! It's fun and colorful but not over done. I absolutely LOVE it and painting the blinds looks fantastic. You are amazingly creative. You need your own you tube channel!

• Riley07123

Love these curtains. Iove the gypsy style. I would also like to try them more with a vertical design. Thank you!

• Tuula @ Color Me Thrifty

Thanks so much! The beauty about a project like this is you can change it up any way you want. Vertical scarves would look great too.