Solid Wood Dresser Goes Pink and White

$100

I love solid wood pieces so when I find them I don't usually hesitate to buy. Newer made furniture is not the quality of old unless you pay allot.

solid wood dresser goes pink and white

This solid wood french provincial styled tall dresser turned out to be allot more work then I thought it would be until I picked it up. Sadly the drawers were grease filled perhaps being used in a garage as storage. I removed the drawer bases and cut new ones solving this issue.

solid wood dresser goes pink and white

Next it was the original finish; it had cracks and chips that sanding would not smooth out. It required a complete stripping with furniture stripper. I started with the top as shown above with the stripper doing its magic.

solid wood dresser goes pink and white

It was then scrapped off and arduous task of sanding the solid hardwood smooth was next to do.

solid wood dresser goes pink and white

After many hours it was all back to the original hardwood and looking lovely. I wanted to still see this gorgeous wood grain so I chose Miss Mustard Seed milk paint in farmhouse white for the body of the dresser.

solid wood dresser goes pink and white

And the drawer fronts were painted a watered down custom pink mixed from Fusion Mineral Paints English rose and picket fence.

The hardware was scrubbed and put back on and this beauty is ready for many more years of use.

Find the detailed tutorial here

https://creativemoments10.blogspot.com/2019/05/white-pink-vintage-dresser.html

Creative Moments