Solid Wood Dresser Goes Pink and White

$100

I love solid wood pieces so when I find them I don't usually hesitate to buy. Newer made furniture is not the quality of old unless you pay allot.

This solid wood french provincial styled tall dresser turned out to be allot more work then I thought it would be until I picked it up. Sadly the drawers were grease filled perhaps being used in a garage as storage. I removed the drawer bases and cut new ones solving this issue.

Next it was the original finish; it had cracks and chips that sanding would not smooth out. It required a complete stripping with furniture stripper. I started with the top as shown above with the stripper doing its magic.

It was then scrapped off and arduous task of sanding the solid hardwood smooth was next to do.

After many hours it was all back to the original hardwood and looking lovely. I wanted to still see this gorgeous wood grain so I chose Miss Mustard Seed milk paint in farmhouse white for the body of the dresser.

And the drawer fronts were painted a watered down custom pink mixed from Fusion Mineral Paints English rose and picket fence.

The hardware was scrubbed and put back on and this beauty is ready for many more years of use.

Find the detailed tutorial here

https://creativemoments10.blogspot.com/2019/05/white-pink-vintage-dresser.html

Creative Moments

• Maureen

Dresser came out beautiful!! What a difference !!

• Cathy Hays

Beautiful French Dresser! But can we talk about the Frenchy faced pup? omy gosh what a cutie pie! And I am sure just the best of helpers right?

• Cathy Hays

Now that is hysterical! I have a Boston myself there is something about those smush faced breeds that just steal my heart! Have a lovely day.