Maura White
Maura White
  • Conesus, NY

DIY Photo Print Wall Hanging With Faux Succulents and Burlap

$25

Here is a fun DIY photo print wall hanging that you can easily make! I like the fact that this is a very unique way to display photos that uses burlap and faux succulents. It's rustic, but has a splash of color - and I love this creative way to display antique style photos of my daughters.

diy photo print wall hanging with faux succulents and burlap

Materials needed to make your DIY Photo Print Wall Hanging:

• 2 pieces of driftwood 6-10" long (I actually found mine on the shore of Lake Ontario)
  • (5) 3x4 picture prints that you would like to display
  • 6" wide burlap ribbon - cut to 25 inches long
  • Faux Succulents
  • Twine
  • Glue gun

Start by cutting your burlap ribbon to be 25 inches long. Then you will need to hot glue both ends to your two pieces of driftwood.

Then you need to create a hanger with the twine. I wrapped the ends a few times (purposefully for a more rustic look) before I tied it off. I also added a dab of hot glue to the end of the twine to prevent it from fraying.

Then you need to space out your pictures and glue them on to the fabric. I also laminated my photos to protect them from hot glue and so they would be more durable for this project. Laminating is totally optional (especially if you don't have a laminator machine), but it keeps the photos from warping or getting water damage (even just from high humidity).

After you have glued on your images in the way you want them to be on your burlap ribbon, then its time to add the faux succulents to the top. Again, I just used a hot glue gun. I will say though that if you live in a very warm and humid climate, the hot glue may not hold up forever, and you may need a stronger adhesive like Liquid Fusion.

The succulents that I got were heavy in comparison to the driftwood, so I suggest hanging up your photo display while gluing them on. If you glue them on while flat on the floor and then hang it up, your succulents may look heavy and droopy. That is what happened to me the first time I glued them on, and had to remove them, glue them more toward the top of the driftwood, and then they didn't look so droopy as they hung.

You can hang yours above a desk, on a side wall - and works well in your living room, a hallway, or the kitchen! It's truly a creative way to display photos, that is rustic with a farmhouse style, and a beautiful way to display family memories!

Looking for more ways to frugally decorate your home with DIY projects? Check out these ideas:

Maura White

• Teresa Ann Ford

I love that it is old fashioned looking and sounds simple enough that I can actually do myself. Thanks for sharing.

• Beth

Love it ! I used to work for the photography company that took the pics. Looks like Antiquities out of Tenn. Debra being the owner ?

• Maura White

Oh I love my Antiquities photos Beth!!!!!!!! My local MOPS group uses them as a fundraiser. :)