Asked on Apr 30, 2019

How can I spray paint my patio furniture if its rubber coated?

AngelaWilliamJennifer
+4

My husband says the paint won't stick but I think it will

• Ruby
    Ruby

Cant it be roughed up with some sandpaper?

• Angela
      Angela

I think so it has a couple of rust stains on the arms already.

• Kelli L. Milligan
    Kelli L. Milligan

Use spray paint made for plastic, but he's right, it will eventually peel.

• Jo Ann Stidman
    Jo Ann Stidman

Ok even if it does eventually peel...so,what ...gives it some character. I bought a 4 piece set back in Peachtree City, Georgia back in 2002. It was white. I moved to Richmond, Canada so now time for a beige color. I tired of the white color spray painted with plastic paint. It now is in Washington State and some of the beige has peeled and u can see the white...I love it.

Funny how this question came up today as I have been pondering over a new color...with a beautiful lakeview, the color of something in the blue family comes to mind.

For me normally I would be trying to achieve this peeled off paint look......

• Jennifer
    Jennifer

Maybe try to prime it first, then use a paint made for sealing rubber like boat paint or an engine/motor paint, spray or brush on. It looks like the furniture won't be in the elements so that should help. Good luck ,hope you find a solution!

William

No priming, no sanding, no boat paint or auto paint. Use Krylon fusion spray paint. Bonds to plastic/rubber on a molecular level.

• Angela
    Angela

Thank you!!!!!