Aggie
Aggie
  • Baldwin, NY

Painted Concrete

$125

We’ve got this little screen room (12 x 12) that we put up every spring. It fits a small table and four chairs and we just love hanging out in it especially during the summer time. It was just kind of missing something so I decided to paint the concrete floor it rests on. The process was easy, fun and we are so thrilled with how it came out. Check it out.

.1. laying down template
.1. laying down template
  1. I made my own template or stencil by creating a sort of a snow flake, and I cut it into quarters and blew up one quarter on my copy machine until it was the size I needed.
.2.  Completing the drawing.
.2. Completing the drawing.

Before I started any outlining of the template I needed to paint the area with Behr concrete primer. I then started outlining the template a quarter at a time till the entire pattern was completed. Easy as that.

3. Ready for first color.
3. Ready for first color.

I then went ahead and painted the insides of my pattern first in a nice brick color starting from the inside out.

4.  Painting inside areas in brick color.
4. Painting inside areas in brick color.

5.  Completed brick color
5. Completed brick color

6.  Painted surrounding outside area.
6. Painted surrounding outside area.

Painted the outside area of the pattern in a tan color.

7.  Painted all areas left in black.
7. Painted all areas left in black.

Outlined all the areas inside the pattern black.

8.  Completed
8. Completed

My beautiful screen room. Just what it needed.

• Michelle

where did you get your screen house I have an old concrete pad that a shed use to sit on the screen house would be perfect

• Alice

We painted our porch last fall but, after the winter the paint scraped off where we walked on it. Is there any paint that will actually stick to concrete..we had our front door replaced and the porch wood painted but, the floor part looks awful!

• Judy

To Linda Premo,

Did you roll on the urethane or spray it on and did you put down one or two coats of it? I'm getting ready to do my patio floor. I have concrete paint for the base and acrylic accents. I thought with a sealer it would be okay.

• Brenda

Very clever and creative. An amazing result. Hope it stands up to the elements. Please let us know.

• Aggie

Thank you. Better hold up or Behr will hear from us.

• Marcela

Congratulations! It Is not easy to project a big shape.

• Aggie

You’re telling me. But I did it, and so proud. Thank you.