Chas
Chas
  • Jacksonville, FL

Diy Back Yard Deck

$150

Hey there Hometalk,

We are are excited to bring you this quick and easy diy back yard grilling deck! It's not a complicated build, and it also did not take too long to make.

diy back yard deck

Here’s a quick sketch I did of the layout we desired in the back yard. It helped us to visualize what we wanted to build.

diy back yard deck

First we picked up all of the supplies and loaded up everything into our Honda Odyssey. Van life!

diy back yard deck

We cleared the area that we had picked to build the deck. We used post hole diggers in order to get our 4x4 posts deep enough to hold for the long haul.

diy back yard deck

Next we dropped in the 4x4s and added cement for extra stability.

diy back yard deck

Next we added in the trim pieces.

diy back yard deck

We used L brackets and wood screws to fasten everything together.

diy back yard deck

Next we ran support beams about 16 inches apart.

diy back yard deck

Then we ran 2x6’s in the desired pattern we wanted.

diy back yard deck

We finished off with rose stone pavers and a grill to do all those summer time barbecues on!

Hope y’all enjoyed and happy grilling!

• I have a grey tooth dint know if it’s nerve damaged or just stained??? How can I tell???

• Sherri

Regular brushing and flossing would have helped prevent that.Maybe try better hygene in the future.

• Sherri

I think its great .Filled up the empty corner space nicely.

• Jane Mayerle
    Yesterday

What if the grill has a flare up? Aren’t you afraid your house could catch on fire?

• Chas
      13 hours ago

No because we pull the grill all the way out when we cook so it’s not against the house.

• Ivory
    6 hours ago

i am inspired. Outstanding job you did with the empty space and your creative design of your deck.

• Lisa Potvin Hunt
    30 minutes ago

This is awesome! I am doing this as well . I am also making a similar one for my patio table and chairs ,but putting indoor outdoor carpet on it to help with slipping issues. It helps to keep everything up off the ground....