How do I get my shower rod to stay up without drilling holes?

Laura CooperKathy Gunter LawLynn Sorrell
+5

Our bathroom shower rod won't stay on the new tiled walls of the bathtub. I really don't want to drill holes into the tile. Any suggestions?

• Are you using a tension rod?

• Mogie
    Mogie

They make little plastic cups that look like a C and some have an adhesive on the back.

• Lynn Sorrell
    Lynn Sorrell

clean both the ends of rod and wall area with rubbing alcohol; open the tension rod up larger than the area/width so it's at an angle and shove it upwards into spot push hard so it's tight;have it setting on a grout line;put above tile where it ends/wall begins and buy longer/xtra long shower curtain(if you don't have all tile walls)

• Wen
      Wen

Thank you so much for such detailed directions. I hope this will work.

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

Command hook adhesive on the ends if the rod is fully extended. My first guess is that it's not extended far enough for the space. It should be very difficult to get it into place.

• Wen
      Wen

I was thinking this as well. The DIY in the house was not so sure about this idea. Thanks for sharing.

• Laura Cooper
    Laura Cooper

If you twist a tension rod, it makes it longer. If you don't have a tension rod, they are less than $10