How do I get my shower rod to stay up without drilling holes?

+5

Our bathroom shower rod won't stay on the new tiled walls of the bathtub. I really don't want to drill holes into the tile. Any suggestions?

• Are you using a tension rod?

• Mogie Mogie on May 01, 2019

They make little plastic cups that look like a C and some have an adhesive on the back.

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on May 01, 2019

clean both the ends of rod and wall area with rubbing alcohol; open the tension rod up larger than the area/width so it's at an angle and shove it upwards into spot push hard so it's tight;have it setting on a grout line;put above tile where it ends/wall begins and buy longer/xtra long shower curtain(if you don't have all tile walls)

• Wen Wen on May 04, 2019

Thank you so much for such detailed directions. I hope this will work.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on May 01, 2019

Command hook adhesive on the ends if the rod is fully extended. My first guess is that it's not extended far enough for the space. It should be very difficult to get it into place.

• Wen Wen on May 04, 2019

I was thinking this as well. The DIY in the house was not so sure about this idea. Thanks for sharing.

• Laura Cooper Laura Cooper on May 01, 2019

If you twist a tension rod, it makes it longer. If you don't have a tension rod, they are less than $10