10’ Elastic Wall Picture Holder

$10

Hi everyone, back with an easy peasy project.

We all have lots of pictures on our smartphones, but I am from a generation where we glued our family portraits, schoolpictures, pet pictures, holiday memories etc...in an old fashion photography book. We also had lots of pictures framed on the walls. I miss having those memories around me, so i made this elastic wall frame. You can change the colours of the elastic rope, change the positions of the ropes, easily change the content or take the whole thing down again. You can camouflage the little holes using a white soap bar. just rub it in the holes ....tadaa!

Took a handful of clear pins and positioned them randomly on my wall making a contour.

You could use some coloured pins to ad some more flair.

You could make a specific pattern. I thought about string art pattern, but not this time. I wanted it to be an easy 10’ project

I used 2 colours and turned around every pin before going to an other direction to be sure it would have the right stretch and hold its position.

you can go randomly, but I went up and down first leaving one pin in between and then came back using the empty one and then went left to right and then crossed wherever iI thought it was necessary. It’s really how you like it. Secure the ends with a double knot and . Fill it up with pictures, quotes, postcards, workplans, anything you like. You could use mini wash pins to give it a cute look.

End result

Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!

• Cheryl flower lady

When I click on supplies you used the pins come up with bobby-pins, is that right? I’m confused

• Nathalie van Ravels

Thank you, K, for your comment and yes , using XXL rubber bands would be a great alternative for the elastic rope !

• Savannah

How clever! I feel the same way about pictures. What good are they hiding in your phone or on your computer!

• Nathalie van Ravels

Hi Savannah,I keep some of them in my phone, but I prefer to see them in my DIY room while im creating new stuff

• Patty Sue Hulsey

Wouldn’t it be cool if someone laid the pins out in a heart or star shape and then did the random strings?!? Hmmm…

• Sheila Bishop

How cute! Love this idea and the possibilities are endless!

• Flipturn

Oh, when I saw this I immediately thought about Chinese Skipping. (Where I grew up it was called Yogi.)

Anybody else remember raiding their mother's sewing basket for elastic, then jumping away the hours playing this?