10’ Elastic Wall Picture Holder

$10

Hi everyone, back with an easy peasy project.

We all have lots of pictures on our smartphones, but I am from a generation where we glued our family portraits, schoolpictures, pet pictures, holiday memories etc...in an old fashion photography book. We also had lots of pictures framed on the walls. I miss having those memories around me, so i made this elastic wall frame. You can change the colours of the elastic rope, change the positions of the ropes, easily change the content or take the whole thing down again. You can camouflage the little holes using a white soap bar. just rub it in the holes ....tadaa!

10 elastic wall picture holder

Took a handful of clear pins and positioned them randomly on my wall making a contour.

10 elastic wall picture holder

You could use some coloured pins to ad some more flair.

You could make a specific pattern. I thought about string art pattern, but not this time. I wanted it to be an easy 10’ project

10 elastic wall picture holder

I used 2 colours and turned around every pin before going to an other direction to be sure it would have the right stretch and hold its position.

10 elastic wall picture holder

you can go randomly, but I went up and down first leaving one pin in between and then came back using the empty one and then went left to right and then crossed wherever iI thought it was necessary. It’s really how you like it. Secure the ends with a double knot and . Fill it up with pictures, quotes, postcards, workplans, anything you like. You could use mini wash pins to give it a cute look.

10 elastic wall picture holder

End result

• Cheryl flower lady

When I click on supplies you used the pins come up with bobby-pins, is that right? I’m confused

• K
      30 minutes ago

Those are referred to as Push Pins with the clear grips. Thumb tacks lay flatter to the surface.

Also, the materials list is automatically generated by the system, not the author of the article. It detects key words used within the project.

I also think you could use super-sized rubber bands as an alternative to the elastic string, but you're more limited to the amount/length of stretch.

Cute idea! I think it would be fun for a kid's room, & to get them involved in the creation, colors, & layout.

• Savannah

How clever! I feel the same way about pictures. What good are they hiding in your phone or on your computer!

• Nathalie van Ravels

Hi Savannah,I keep some of them in my phone, but I prefer to see them in my DIY room while im creating new stuff

• Patty Sue Hulsey

Wouldn’t it be cool if someone laid the pins out in a heart or star shape and then did the random strings?!? Hmmm…

• Kathy

Thanks yes I will try..

• Joyce
    8 hours ago

I love this idea, I'm going to give it a try sometime. I like that you can change the design of strings & make it anyway you want to. Thank you for sharing.