Purple Jute Spoon Flower DIY

$5

Can you imagine a craft project that actually uses a tablespoon to make twine petals forming a flower? Amazing! And the best part, you probably have everything needed to make one in your stash!

Let's start with a tablespoon, but you can use any size spoon you like! Just keep in mind, the bigger the spoon, the bigger the flower and vice versa!

First spread a generous amount of tacky glue around the edge of the spoon bowl. Then take the end of twine and place it on the bottom center of the back of the spoon where the handle meets and hold it in place with your finger. Begin wrapping the twine around the edge of the spoon.

Add tacky glue on the spoon as you wrap. Use plastic craft tweezers to keep the twine rows together and flatten them down into the glue.

Continue wrapping the twine around and adding glue to the spoon until it is completely covered. Cut off excess twine when you reach the center. Dab extra glue to center twine to hold down. Then wait a few minutes for the glue and twine to set up. Next lift wrapped twine petal from spoon, being careful to keep it together.

Lay the petal on parchment paper to dry with the spoon touching side facing up. Make several more petals - five-six per flower.

Make a small pom pom with yarn in the color of your choice for the flower center - by wrapping yarn around two of your fingers . . .

and tying it off with a small piece of yarn, then cutting the loops in half.

Fluff and shape pom pom with scissors. Attach with hot glue to floral stem wire that is folded in half together and wrapped with floral tape.

To form the flower, add hot glue to base of petal and squeeze together like a scoop and let dry.

Once all the petals are formed, begin hot gluing on, one by one, to the floral stem wire and bottom of the pom pom.

Make sure the bottom sides of the petals are touching and glued together as you add each petal . . . until the flower is formed.

Makes for a unique and fabulous look using a spoon!

Gail@Purple Hues and Me

• Karen Hollandsworth

What do you do with the spoons 🥄 handle? Karen

• Betty Sutton Smith

Could I use a hot glue gun ???

• Carla Murphy

I'd like to make these for my dog's collar. I'm not really crafty so I don't know this answer. Is there something I can use to keep the center? I can't use the floral stem bc it's too hard and will poke the dog in the neck. I'd like to attach to her collar. The one I have used a elastic band to slide onto the collar. Too small of a loop. She's a big furbaby.. 95pounds. Can anyone help me and my Olive?? Thanks in advance! LOVE this idea by the way!!

• Susan

Try attaching flower with tie wraps around the collar, they come in different lengths. BUT as stated above, this is too delicate for animal use.