Turn a Cardboard Box Into a Pretty Storage

$10

We all have cardboard box home and they are the cheapest storage boxes. It works fine for the garage or the basement but you definitely don't want to use them in the living rooms....Well you may change your mind after seeing this simple upgrade.

Head over to my blog for more pictures and details to recycle a cardboard box into pretty storage.

With a baby home, what I have the most are diaper boxes, but the upgrade works with any cardboard box that's useful to you.

Start by painting the box with a few coat of white acrylic paint until the box design is completely covered. I didn't paint the inside, lazy me, but it definitely looks better if you do. As you can see I painted the flaps because I wanted to fold them inside to have a nice edge on the top and also to make the box a little more sturdy! The key here is to use a very good paint if you don't want to loose your mind applying 10 coats to cover the labels.

Once the box is paint and dry, glue the flaps inside the box.

Cut 4 pieces of the L wood trim, the lenght of the wood pieces is the same as the box high. And glue a piece of wood on each corner of the box, hold with some clamps while the glue dries. If you wonder you can find L shaped wood trim in your hardware store, likely in the "doors" or "carpentry" aisle.

To make the handle, cut a piece of square section dowel. To look nice, the lenght of the handle must be more or less half of the box width. Cut a piece of faux leather and wrap it around the wood. I used on one side of the box.

And done! You have a pretty box storage almost for free!

If you like recycling project I have a all bunch of ideas on my blog, to have a look at.

31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Amaryllis

• Lisa West

Wow. I have luvs and huggies turned into storage fixed to. I used fabric in some and scrap book paper for a couple others. I so do agree. Why throw out a perfect box. Look great to. Thank you for sharing. Queation though did you use hot glue or another type of glue?

• Rachael

I have leftover paint from painting my daughter's room, it's interior wall paint Can I use this paint for this project?

• Amaryllis

Hello Rachel, yes you can. I used leftover paint from my desk painting.

• Margot

I love the wallpaper in the background! Is it still available?

• Amaryllis

Hello Margot, It's fabric. I live in Mexico and I bought it in Telas Bayon.

• Bek

Like all of the BEST projects, this sent my mind scampering in several directions at once...some plain, some stenciled, some covered in fabric...something a little different for every corner of my world!

• Linda Abate

A great way to repurpose an old card board box that would normally wind up in the landfill. These are awesome for storage in an office, child's room, craft room or where ever one needs to house small objects. Love your idea.