Not Your Everyday Flower Pot.

$5

I am starting to get my yard ready for summer, as I'm sure most of you are as well, and I needed some plant pots. I went looking through my shed for some flower pots and instead, I came across these safety cones. And you know what, I thought why not. They already had a drainage hole at the top, so they were the perfect choice. Here we go.

They were a little dirty so I first just cleaned them up a bit. And then they were ready to go.

Then I dug a hole in my flower bed just deep enough so that they could stand there and wouldn't be able to fall over. I placed each cone in each hole.

Then I filled them to the top with some dirt and planted a petunia in each one. They look so sweet!

And that's it! I'm glad I chanced upon this great repurpose! Can't wait to see what they look like when the petunias start to grow. It really gives my garden a different and fun look. Let me know what you think.

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?

• Jeretta

This is and looks lie a great idea, I make Christmas trees out of them.Why not flower pots? I will try this. You can get the little ones at the dollar tree for a dollar. If it works it is a great idea, and inexpensive! Thank you for sharing.

• Mar

i'm a little confused..what's the point of flowers in a "cone container" IN the flower bed? why not just plant the beautiful flowers directly into that lovely flowerbed as nature intended?

• Sarge

Some people use large ceramic pots in various spots throughout the garden for visual interest...she used a cone. AND...she started a conversation about her garden idea whether we agree to like it or not. Flowers dont always need to be in the ground surrounded by mulch. Sometimes we need to stray from the norm. I happen to think it is a cute idea.

• Beverly Wadford

very cute,but wont this make some people start stealing cones from road construction sights?? lol

• FloridaJan

Ive had a mole invasion, they tunnel under plants stopping water uptake so this idea is great & I’ll put cones edges level with ground surface. Thanks awesome idea.

• Marlene

Cute idea! Adding some different heights in the garden keeps thing interesting!