How to design a outdoor fire pit area?

Deb KJudyCarrie @ Curly Crafty Mom
+2

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Hello

I would review the different possible designs with review of construction materials to help decide on the look that you want to achieve.

Deciding on a budget may be a influencing factor.

You may first decide if you want a structure that’s permanently built-in with a matrial like stone versus a portable metal fire pit that you could potentially move around and store.

I personally find browsing the Houzz or Pinterest web sites to have some awesome visuals to consider in aspects of design and diy applications.

You might want to consider browsing over at these sites utilizing key word searches customized to your specific needs or interest.

• See More
  • Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom
    Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

Here are instructions from This Old House: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmFUNIC3ZnQ

• Judy
    Judy

I planned mine with a fire ring then decided I wanted the flower petal type bricks. I didn’t use fire bricks for the bottom but I should have for safety. My son used his old Weber grill as the pit after we dug a hole for it to sit on with rock on the bottom. There are soo many ideas. Have fun!

• Deb K
    Deb K

Hi Dan, This is what we did in ours, it keeps the sparks at bay with the rock around the firepit

• Your comment...