Flower Arrangement Beverage Dispenser

$20

I was really wracking my brain to come up with a unique gift for Mother's Day. Moms love flowers and wine (I mean who doesn't?), but I wanted to make something that would both be useful and something that would last. At last, I came up with this idea! Check out what I made for both flowers and wine...with a twist!

I started off with this dollar store pot, and it will be used to hold a wine bag.

Next, I cut a out a wood circle to fit inside the pot. I traced a plate that was the perfect size! It fits perfectly inside the rim. You could also trace the rim, and cut a bit smaller so it will sit down inside the pot. If you don’t have a plate that fits.

Then I sanded the lid!

Next I used a hole saw and cut a hole in my pot.

I wanted the lid to look somewhat like dirt (since I want it to look like a flower pot) so I painted it a dark brown.

Then I took the wine bag, placed it inside the pot, and I placed the spout in the hole I cut in the pot.

It now works as a dispenser!

I then picked up 13 bunches of faux flowers from the dollar store. I drilled some small holes (not all the way through) to push the flower stems through.

I secured the stems with some hot glue.

After I arranged them the way I wanted and I then filled the top with greens to fill in the space. I then covered the lid and stems to make it look nice and full!

Here it is all filled and arranged and I added a bow with a Happy Mother’s Day sign to finish it up!

What do you think? I think any mom will love it!

Ready to fill your glass?

What's great is that you can use this over and over, and it was only $20 to make. I hope you like it! Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there! See more at Gilbert Marketplace Facebook page.