Road Side, Love at First Site

$50

My sister came to visit. Off to the beach we go, until I spotted this handsome piece on the side of the road. I apologize up front for any missing information. First post for me.

Drawers stuck, two broken feet but all there. My vision for this piece is masculine.

Glued on feet and treated for termites. As one foot had signs of old infestation. Waited three months before beginning project. Wanted to make sure no termites.

Decided to paint it red, after one coat of Behr premium flat paint you can see the bleed through. Used two coats. Was not concerned as I intended to glaze.

Sanded the drawer fronts with 80/grit, then 120/grit. All drawers were previously labeled for the correct order.

Used min wax dark walnut stain. Ended up using three coats of poly. ( varathane) triple thick water based clear satin.

Painted the ball in the feet with folk art metallic antique gold, to match hardware. Sorry no pictures of the hardware process.

Found a picture I liked on Pinterest, used it as a template to stain this eagle's head.

Applied one coat of poly, before glazing with pitch black general finishes glaze effects. As the paint was flat and wanted the glaze to move smoothly.

You can see here the gold hardware. I put holes in cardboard and secured with original screws applied gold spray paint. Three light coats. Labeled all hardware as to install back into correct drawers.

Highlighted the inside with the same folk art gold. Stain and poly for the rest.

All drawers and drawer rails were waxed with Behr decorative finish wax. This worked great! No more sticking drawers. Although I purchased a lot of this projects materials for this purpose. I used very little. The actual cost is an estimate.

• Sandra Kapparos

How did you treat this for termites ? Beautiful job

• Lauren.

Wendy Stilwell Farricy, I'm normally not a red lover but THIS MARVELOUS WORK OF LOVE makes me want to try to add some in my life. GENIUS MAGICIAN is what you are. By the way, did you and your sister ever get to the beach??

• Maggie

So stunning! Can you give any more detail about the eagle head stencil? Don't know if I can wrap my head around that part of the process. Thanks.

• Wendy Stilwell Farricy

Looked on Pinterest for a drawing, then enlarged to the size And print. Draw or Transfer image to project with pencil. Follow pencil lines with stain and shade with same stain. Graphite paper would have been best, just did not have any.