How to Add Privacy to French Doors for Only $13

$13

Learn how to find an original and economical way to add privacy to French doors. It will save you lots of money for a beautiful look!

The master bedroom is located in the basement. When we bought the house, French doors with clear glass were already there.

how to add privacy to french doors for only 13

Just a little note before explaining everything : I tried to use what I already had at home. Therefore, you'll see that my pattern is made of 2 pieces. This is because I only had 8-1/2 x 11 cardstock (letter size). To simplify your life, use a larger size, like the 8-1/2 x 14 (legal size) so you can have a pattern in one piece!

Measure the glass on your doors and make sure that the cut-out pattern (the file you'll find in my library) is the right size. If it's not the case, adjust it in the Cricut design space or other software.

Cut the pattern in the cardstock and place one piece at the time at the bottom of the cardboard box and spray the adhesive.

Apply the pattern on the glass.

Then, use a plastic shower curtain to act as a privacy film. Cut the shower curtain into rectangles that fits each windows.

Again, use the box and spray one piece at a time with the spray adhesive. Press the shower curtain on the glass over the cardstock pattern that you just installed.

This is the final result from the inside of the bedroom.

What I like the most, it's that the view from outside the bedroom is totally different! Check it out :

I know I could have done it with film or spray, but I love the originality of this solution! Don't you?

NeliDesign

• Stephanie

It looks nice but I believe there are missing steps. I don’t understand where the shower curtain comes in.

• Its27432035
      31 minutes ago

She stated the shower curtain was for privacy. Cut to size, apply adhesive and stick on window over the cardstock, each window square. This step is on there. 😊

• Heather

How to hide pool and spa pumps and heaters and still have ventilation and full access?

• Lindsay

Yes I’m very curious as to how the French doors now look from the inside of the bedroom?

• NeliDesign

You already have both pictures in the post. From inside and out.