Carla
Carla

How do I repair a sink hole in my driveway?

Johnavallance82Joy30150932Cheryl Williamsen

My driveway has developed a sink hole due to a rotting tree stump. It has misaligned my walkway, and is continuing to sink, and crack the driveway. What is the best way to repair this?

• Cheryl Williamsen

You’ll need to completely excavate the rotting tree stump, and fill it with sand & fine dirt, compacting it as you go. If you need to hire a stump grinder then it’s time to get bids.

There’s serious erosion going on under the concrete work and if it’s really bad, you’ll need to excavate additional access holes & possibly leverage up the slabs to back fill them. That will be back breaking work.

The concrete cracks can be filled with concrete caulk in a tube. There’s many many choices & I would read the labels first. I used both HD & Lowe’s brands & I can’t remember which store my favorite came from.

Concrete leveling topping can be applied, but you’ll have to do a lot of prep work and decide where to stop & start in a logical pattern.

• Joy30150932

Clean the hole of all tree debris and then fill with gravel and sand. Purchase a bag of concrete repair and fill it in. Instructions are on the bag.

• Johnavallance82

Hello there, Call in a few Driveway specialists to give their opinions and cost to rectify. It maybe false economy to try to fix it with loads of Hardcore if what it really requires Lifting and relaying correctly.