Amanda Freed Homes
Amanda Freed Homes
  • Waynesboro, VA

The Checked Pair

$55

To see more pictures of this project check out the full post -----> HERE

the checked pair

The original plan was to give the frame a light distressing and then paint them black but when I started to sand them I really loved how the raw wood looked under that red stain.

the checked pair

I got the sanding done on a mass sanding day when it wasn't raining and I decided to just go with it and kept the raw wood. 

the checked pair

I ripped the old fabric off easily and I had been wanting to use this black-checked cotton for the new look. Checkered fabric can read very "grandma" but I have seen it before in a way that looked fresh & new so I was hoping it would come across in that way. 

the checked pair

It didn't take too long staple the fabric into place and whip out some double-welt cording to finish the look.

the checked pair

It feels good to get an upholstery job done in a day! It's a nice confidence booster. 

the checked pair
the checked pair

90's grunge meets farmhouse style?The thought of that description makes me chuckle a little bit but I feel like that could accurately describe a lot of people's look from back then to now.

the checked pair
the checked pair

We are just over a week away till the Lucketts Spring Market 2019.It will be my biggest and, hopefully, the best show that I have ever done and I can hardly contain my excitement!Hope that you all can come!

Amanda Freed Homes

• Trecia Gillett

Is it ever ok to leave the old fabric underneath & just put the new over it? How did you attach the cording, did you glue it?

• Sheila Lawson

Did you glue the welting?

• Amy

How did you attach the cording? Do you have any pictures for the process?

• Nora

Did you use black wax on the wood or is the dark stain remenants. I can’t tell from the photos. The chairs are beautiful. I love them.

• Maureen

Beautiful makeover!!