The Checked Pair

$55

To see more pictures of this project check out the full post -----> HERE

The original plan was to give the frame a light distressing and then paint them black but when I started to sand them I really loved how the raw wood looked under that red stain.

I got the sanding done on a mass sanding day when it wasn't raining and I decided to just go with it and kept the raw wood. 

I ripped the old fabric off easily and I had been wanting to use this black-checked cotton for the new look. Checkered fabric can read very "grandma" but I have seen it before in a way that looked fresh & new so I was hoping it would come across in that way. 

It didn't take too long staple the fabric into place and whip out some double-welt cording to finish the look.

It feels good to get an upholstery job done in a day! It's a nice confidence booster. 

90's grunge meets farmhouse style?The thought of that description makes me chuckle a little bit but I feel like that could accurately describe a lot of people's look from back then to now.

We are just over a week away till the Lucketts Spring Market 2019. It will be my biggest and, hopefully, the best show that I have ever done and I can hardly contain my excitement! Hope that you all can come!

Amanda's Mercantile

• Sheila Lawson

Did you glue the welting?

• Amy

How did you attach the cording? Do you have any pictures for the process?

• Mcgypsy9

You can also staple the cording right to the chair first.

• Arlenia Moss

How did you get the wood so clean. I have similar chairs with intricate detailed carvings but i am having a very difficult time getting the old green paint off. I tried stripper not good. I started sanding but still having problems with the detailed carvings.

• Linda

Interesting use of the modern fabric and the classically carved wood. Really looks nice together!

• Robyn Garner

Love the raw wood! 😎