Small Bathroom Makeover on a Budget

$600
1 Week
Advanced

I have painted and re-painted this bathroom quite a few times over the past 10 years that we’ve lived in this house. I decided after I renovated our master bathroom last summer that DIYing almost all the work myself really isn’t that hard. It might be time-consuming, but it’s not too difficult to learn how to do most of the repair work.

small bathroom makeover on a budget

This the bathroom before my recent makeover. It was fun but now I'm craving a more "grown up" style in my home. My makeover uses neutral colors and I replaced the vanity and toilet.

small bathroom makeover on a budget

The vanity is from Ikea and is the Hemnes style. The faucet is from Ace Hardware and the frame around the mirror is from a company called Frame My Mirror that makes frames for builder grade mirrors.

I had to turn off the water supply and then disconnect the pipes. Then I disassembled the old vanity and hauled it out.

small bathroom makeover on a budget

small bathroom makeover on a budget

The wood plank wall is from a company called Woody Walls. It is peel and stick real wood panels. They are thin wood pieces with extra strong adhesive on the back. They can be stuck to the wall to achieve a planked wood look.

small bathroom makeover on a budget

After sliding in the new vanity, I had to call a plumber to hook up the drain. The pipes on the IKEA sink had to be moved around a bit in order to fit.

small bathroom makeover on a budget

I painted the walls "Divine Twig" from the grab and go paint collection at Target.

small bathroom makeover on a budget

The art on the wall is from Home Goods.

small bathroom makeover on a budget

small bathroom makeover on a budget

The toilet is from Lowes and the brand is American Standard. The over toilet cabinet is from Wayfair and the shower curtain and accessories are from TJ Max.

The fake orchid is from Target.

Adrienne Carrie Hubbard | Crafty Little Gnome

• Diane

Have you had any problems with the peel and stick from the steam from the shower?

• nope it's been great so far. You can add a little construction adhesive on the back if you like but I didn't. I waited a couple of weeks to use the shower again (we have two bathrooms) so the adhesive had longer to set.

• Jjqq

Never heard of Woody Walls - but what a great idea. Is the material easily cut with scissors or a carpet knife? Also wondered if the steam would loosen the material over time - how is it holding up?

• Its holding up great. You can add a little construction adhesive on the back if you like but I didn't. I waited a couple of weeks to use the shower again (we have two bathrooms) so the adhesive had longer to set. I used a chop saw to cut it. You need some kind of saw. Scissors won't work.