What to do when dog pee's on wooden floors?

KmdreamerDebbsWilliam
+1

I was dog sitting and the dog peed on my natural wood floor in the dining room, leaving the spot stripped. How do I repair the floor without stripping the whole floor? All of the house has wooden floors.

• Kelli L. Milligan

You are so lucky it's natural with no stain. Clean and sand that area by hand and apply whatever it was finished with in same sheen. Feather it on to the old finish. Sounds like water based poly since it didn't hold up to pet urine.

I would scuff up the surface with a green kitchen scrubby and go about an inch or two beyond the spot. Wipe clean. Apply three coats of a water based polyurethane.

• Debbs

You state natural wood floor but also say the spot is stripped...so I a little confused as to what exactly you have for wood, stain and finish. With that said, we have solid red oak with swedish finish. If we had a spot get stripped by anything I would not even try any diy option, I would call the floor people straight away. We did a complete sand down and refinish about 4 years ago and it was $8,000 (its a large amount of sq footage). I would not want to do anything that would put us back at having to do a full refinishing. I would hope they could do a professional spot re-hab and feather the finish to blend in.

• Kmdreamer

Lightly sand and re varnish