How can I reupholster without a staple gun?

Simple Decorating TipsK. RuppJohnavallance82
+2

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

You can use a hot glue gun. Here is a tutorial that you might like:

http://www.dimplesandtangles.com/2012/04/how-to-reupholster-chairwith-hot-glue.html

• D

Use a glue gun.

• Johnavallance82

Hello again, Use Tacks especially for the job. Used before staples were available!

• K. Rupp

Yes tacks! I would NOT really recommend glue at all because with upholstery you really have to pull very tight to have it look decent. Pulling very tight with glue doesn't seem like it would work all that well. But to be honest, tacks will take a longer time to do it and staple guns are really not expensive. My favorite hand held staple gun is the POWER SHOT!!! It doesn't take as much hand strength. I think you can get it at Home Depot or Lowes. I have tried other staple guns that were awful and this one is great. BUT A PNEUMATIC staple gun is even better! That uses an air compressor. In either case, a little trip to Home Depot, would be better than using glue...you won't be happy with the result.

• Simple Decorating Tips

With upholstery tacks and tack hammer